Hannah had her first bath tonight.
Originally the day shift nurse told me she thought it would be around 11pm, so I should call to confirm when I should drive back down to "help"....but when I called the night nurse told me that she'd given her the bath at 8pm since she wasn't sure if I was coming back....ARGH. The only thing I was "unsure" of was whether Jon would drive me back down at 11pm since he is trying to make sure I get my rest (but he'd even agreed since he knew I really wanted to be there). An earlier bath wouldn't have been a problem at all -- how I wish she'd called to check! How frustrating. But, the nurse knew that I wanted to be there so she took pictures for me and has printed them out. As soon as we get back from the hospital on Monday evening and figure out how to scan them into our computer, I'll add them to this post.
Originally the day shift nurse told me she thought it would be around 11pm, so I should call to confirm when I should drive back down to "help"....but when I called the night nurse told me that she'd given her the bath at 8pm since she wasn't sure if I was coming back....ARGH. The only thing I was "unsure" of was whether Jon would drive me back down at 11pm since he is trying to make sure I get my rest (but he'd even agreed since he knew I really wanted to be there). An earlier bath wouldn't have been a problem at all -- how I wish she'd called to check! How frustrating. But, the nurse knew that I wanted to be there so she took pictures for me and has printed them out. As soon as we get back from the hospital on Monday evening and figure out how to scan them into our computer, I'll add them to this post.
2 comments:
Obviously those nurses don't know the importance of scrapbooking all of these important milestones! HAHA! I love the blog (:
Julie, my niece is Vicki Lancaster, my name is Betsy and we had some fun at SistersFest a few years ago as well. Your little girl is beautiful!! I will pray for her!! You have probably heard but girls are strong and fighters, so I'm sure she'll be fine. My sister has a little girl about 16 months ago and she was 6 weeks early and spent some time in the NICU in Morgantown. She is perfect now. Take care of yourself and don't put your head under a heat lamp too long, I tried it and almost passed out when I was spending time with my niece in NICU. God bless... and He will!!!
Post a Comment