As background for those who don't know us well, we used to always put Abby in her crate when we left the house...and by the time she was 2 years old we were able to let her have the run of the house while we were gone. Occasionally she would get something out of a trashcan, but not very often. After Hannah's arrival, Abby started to act out (likely because we were gone so much) and would shred paper found in trashcans, so we went back to the crate. We had just decided that she'd settled down and could have the house to herself when I came home to a shredded (dirty) diaper on Friday afternoon.
You see, Abby wanted to go to the grocery store with me and I wouldn't let her go. She'd stood with her nose to the garage door when I was getting ready and gave me a "look" when I packed up Hannah and not her. Apparently the look meant "I'll show you." Not only did Abby shred a dirty diaper, but later in the day when I went in my bathroom, I found she'd emptied our bathroom trashcan all over the floor too (and that trashcan had a lid!).
We are back to the crate.
No comments:
Post a Comment