Friday, February 5, 2010

Snow, snow, snow!

It's a winter wonderland here in Ohio!

For full disclosure, since I back-dated the post (today is actually 2/18/10), I should add that since these pictures were taken (2/5/10), Jon's missed almost 2 full weeks of school, and we've gotten about another foot of snow. I think we've had enough winter! I love playing outside with Hannah.
Here we are running for the swingset.

Hannah got her snow boots and snow pants and told me she wanted to go "outside" so we got her all bundled up and headed out. As it turns out, she doesn't like to be outside when it is still snowing, as it gets on her face. She also doesn't like to fall down (which happened in this deep snow), and she doesn't like to be pulled in the sled. Hmmm...what to do with this girl!

The snow is certainly beautiful, but I'm very glad that Jon can be home with Hannah when the weather is bad, that our power lines are buried underground so we don't lose power (when I was a kid we once lost power for over 2 weeks - welcome to living in the "sticks" of WVa), we have a nice gas fireplace for when days are chilly, and I can work from home when I need/want. Right now I can sneak upstairs and tell Hannah that Mommy is working and she tells me "bye, bye" and goes back to playing as if I left for the office. It's been nice on a couple of days when I could have gone to work, but it was nice to not fight bad roads and traffic to head downtown -- I still billed a full day of work, but got extra time with my kiddo, including a leisurely breakfast, family lunchtime and getting to put her down for her nap.

1 comment:

Julie said...

PS - Happy Birthday to my Mom. These pictures were taken on her birthday!