Monday, March 15, 2010

New Mudroom!

Last year Jon and I moved our washer and dryer up to our master bathroom (which is much bigger than necessary) so we could turn our former laundry room (which is right off of the garage) into a mudroom. It was really cramped for a laundry room, and there was really no space for bookbags, coats and shoes....after growing up with a mudroom, I don't understand how people have houses without them!

Here is the finished product - our new built-in cubbies in the mudroom. It's such a small room I didn't snap a picture of the new coat hooks that are opposite the cubbies by the garage door, but it seems much more spacious now. I absolutely LOVE IT! We've got a bench to sit on, shelves for shoes, a large space that will fit Jon's giant winter boots, plenty of hooks for coats and bags, storage bin space, and small little cubbies for cell phones, gloves, etc. We even have holes drilled in the back of two of the small cubbies so electric cords can run down to the outlets. I did end up having to move my other set of storage bins to the hall closet, but that was a small sacrifice for something this nice!

1 comment:

Kendra said...

I'm jealous! I want a mud room so badly, if only to keep everyone's junk off the kitchen table.