Friday, April 2, 2010

Coloring Eggs

I took off Jon's "spring break" week (well, except for Monday) so I could spend the week with Jon and Hannah. We went to storytime, went to the zoo, played at the park, and just had a great week together -- I'm so glad I'm able to take time off when they are home. Plus, it was nice to allow Jon's break to be a little more of a "break" without being on Hannah duty full-time. He was able to get a lot of things done that he wanted to do...and I got to play full-time Mom for a few weekdays.

We went to Pittsburgh on Thursday to spend a few days with Josh and Danila. During our time off I wanted to color eggs and make Easter cookies with Hannah. I never quite got around to the cookies (I was pretty ambitious for just having a few days off), but Danila wanted to dye eggs too....so we were able to do it at their house.

We got so many great pictures, I had a hard time picking which ones to post. Enjoy!!
Hannah isn't quite sure what is going on with these bowls....but she is examining her "boo-boos"....which is something she does every time her shirt comes off.
Check out her wild morning hair (we call it "crazy hair")!
Hannah is ready to drop her first egg

Hannah was really interested in the measuring spoons.

But once we got out the egg separator, she was really into it!
She figured out how to maneuver by herself
Hannah the pro!
Not all of the eggs made it out without cracks....
Our finished product!
We used sponges on some of them to make neat designs. Aunt D and Hannah with her basket of eggs
(gotta love the artsy shot mom was trying)
Hannah wanted to smell the egg
My grown-up girl!
Some eggs did end up on the sidewalk as we were taking these pictures....
Hannah inspecting her eggs
Miss Hannah - my girl

1 comment:

Marcia said...

I can't believe how much her hair has grown. Looks like everyone had a great time!