We're selling our pool table....and turning the basement into a playroom. Hard to believe we've had it for eight years. Before Jon and I got married, he was offered a pool table for free "just move it," and it was an offer we couldn't refuse. So, we did a quick "finish" of the basement with kanga stick-down carpet and some dry-lock "painted" exterior walls. We even ran a heater down there to help warm it up. Jon said it was the only thing that made him want to come visit me during the time I was living in the house before we got married (since I didn't have cable). We enjoyed the basement for about 3 years and then our sump pump failed one year after Christmas and we discovered sopping wet carpet when I went to put away the Christmas tree. We had to rip up most of the carpet and throw it out that night....at that point we decided we'd just wait to re-do it and finish it "right." We've spent the past 4 years only occasionally using the pool table (it's gotten the most use as a baby-clothes sorting table and a gift wrapping table), so we decided to sell it and all of the accessories on Craigslist. We required the purchaser to use a professional moving company so we'd know they were serious about it and sold it for a song (really covering the cost of accessories that we'd purchased). Although we're excited about our new space, I think Jon and I are both a little sad to see the table go.
No comments:
Post a Comment