We celebrated Hannah's 5th birthday this year with a Doc McStuffins themed party. Doc is Hannah's favorite TV character and she loves signing the song when it is on tv (and even when it isn't). For those of you not versed in current preschooler TV shows, Doc McStuffins is a doctor for her stuffed animals (and her mom on the show is a pediatrician). Her best friends are Lamby, Stuffy (the dragon), Chilly (a snowman), and Hallie (her hippo nurse). Since Doc is a relatively new show, we didn't have much in the way of decorations other than the cake, and I found some printables online, so we played "Put the Band-Aid on Stuffy" and I gave each of the kids a band aid and we had our own version of pin the tail on the donkey! (But I think I could have just given out the bandaids and it would have had the same effect - preschoolers love bandaids.)
At the ripe age of five, Hannah is 44 3/4 inches tall - VERY TALL. She's also still very thin, and is on the cusp of breaking the 40 pound mark. Hannah absolutely loves attending preschool and is one of the most independent kids I know. She also has a true heart of gold and is one of the most compassionate and caring preschoolers around - she has actually forgone a treat so Lauren wouldn't feel bad when Lauren wasn't getting a treat because she got in trouble. Hannah loves everyone she meets and also loves to talk.
Babysitter Lisa did (another) great cake for us this year
Why is it that kids love to play in the dog cage?!?!
Blowing out the candles
I think this is where Curtis told Hannah that she had to give him all of the cake.....
Lauren (like her sister) prefers the icing to the cake.
They are just like their father -- me, I prefer the cake to the icing....
Can you guess which ones were wrapped by Danila???
Opening presents
Sheri got really creative and made a "big book of boo-boos" just like Doc McStuffins has for Hannah to use! It goes great with the doctor coat that Lauren confiscated....
Despite the look on her face, Hannah's favorite gift was the Littlest Pet Shop from Aunt D and Uncle Josh - she had that thing out of the box and set up (including the "hundreds" of tiny pieces) in minutes!
No comments:
Post a Comment