Friday, October 31, 2008

Surprise! Trick or Treat is TONIGHT!!!

I swear I looked online and trick-or-treat in Dublin was Friday night.....Imagine my surprise when trick-or-treaters started showing up at our door Thursday night. At first we thought it was a mistake, but when neighbors I knew showed up and I told them I thought it was Friday I was quickly corrected (Friday in Columbus, but not here). Which then meant -- Yikes! I've got to get Hannah into a costume.

You see, I'd sent Hannah to the sitter's Thursday morning wearing a "Guess who's first Halloween" outfit, complete with an owl hat an slippers that jingled. I'd planned on getting pictures that evening, then completing our Halloween theme with a pumpkin carving (so she could touch the slimy stuff inside the pumpkin) and costume for Friday. Well, needless to say we only got as far as the pumpkin costume.

Having a baby really does make you brain dead. But, at least I got PLENTY of pictures for you to enjoy!

Our little pumpkin

Hannah LOVES playing with Abby (and Abby's toys)

Clap, clap

Mom, I'm getting bored with the pictures

Anything but more pictures....
Look closely -- I have FOUR teeth!I'll get away from that camera yet...
I've got my pumpkin for candy & Mom and I are ready to go.

Hannah actually enjoyed trick or treating. She watched the kids in the neighborhood running around and put her hand in candy bowls at a few of our neighbor's homes -- she liked picking up the shiny candies (and of course trying to put them in her mouth). The general consensus was that she was adorable. Jon was amazed at how much candy we got after only visiting 4 houses....but I think it had something to do with the cute baby I was carrying around :-)

2 comments:

Sweet November said...

When I first moved to VA, the week before Halloween I started checking the paper and asking around as to when trick-or-treating would be and I got some very strange looks. Uuuuh, on Halloween they told me. It must be another SWPA, OH, WV thing to schedule trick-or-treating. Glad you had a good time despite the last minute change in plans. Hannah does look adorable!

Anonymous said...

She looks adorable!