While the girls were napping after their exciting morning at the zoo, Susan and I left Jon in charge and headed off to
Once Upon a Child. I absolutely love that store and Susan couldn't understand what all of the fuss was about....until we stopped and shopped. Or, I guess I should say that
she shopped. She found all kinds of great stuff for Jaidyn and didn't spend much money - it worked out great. I've heard that their boy clothing isn't as nice as the girl clothing because of how rough boys are in general - I don't have much experience with that side of things, but I haven't gone wrong with girl clothing or toys so far. In fact, I rarely shop at "real" stores anymore for Hannah. There is also another division,
Clothes Mentor, that is women's clothing (including maternity clothes!), which is what I hit up when my "borrowed from friends" maternity collection isn't quite enough. I'll admit it is more expensive than yard sale prices, but I don't have time to yard-sale shop....so I'll happily pay the extra $1-2 to save the extra hour or two.
After shopping, the girls got up from their naps and we played in the backyard....and then decided to take a walk to the park at the end of the street. The girls loved the swings!


Jaidyn smiling!

I think Jaidyn was "talking" when I was taking this picture....and Hannah was really interested in what she had to say.

After we got home from the park, we took Susan out for a birthday dinner....since her birthday was coming up next week. We ended up having a great dinner, and we went early enough that we were put in an almost separate room with one other family with a kid, so we didn't have to worry about disturbing other diners. It worked out wonderfully.
Hopefully Susan and Jaidyn will be back for another visit this year!
No comments:
Post a Comment