Wednesday, April 6, 2011

5 Months Old!

Oh my goodness how time is just zipping by.  Life with two kids is certainly more hectic than life with one.  I somehow am doing more than double the laundry, and it takes longer to get the house cleaned up because we've got someone walking behind me making more messes.....I can't even imagine what it will be like when Lauren is mobile!  Lauren is growing up so quickly.  I'm going to be heading back to work at the end of the month and I'm just amazed at how fast my leave has gone. I haven't done the basement cleaning or scrapbooking that I thought I'd be getting done on maternity leave.  But, I have had lots of time to cuddle and bond with Lauren, so that is really what is important. (Although, I will admit that the list-maker in me is really disappointed in the number of things I've been able to check off of my list.)

Lauren is already 15 pounds and she is wearing 3-6 month clothes, but I don't expect her to be in them for much longer.  I feel like I'm constantly making trips to the basement to take clothes that she's outgrown back to the storage bins and to bring up "new" clothes from the bins of Hannah's clothes.  Hannah wore 3-6 month clothes for forever multiple seasons, so even though Lauren is growing faster than Hannah did, we've been able to re-use a lot of clothes.  We'll see what happens as Lauren grows.  I managed to not buy clothes for Hannah until she was wearing the 12-month size -- we'll see how long I can get by on hand-me-downs this time around!
Lauren sleeping

Playtime!

No comments: