Wednesday, July 6, 2011

8 Months Old!

Lauren is already 8 months old.  She is getting so big and is becoming so much more interactive.  She loves to laugh at Hannah, watches Abby all of the time, and will mimic you when you make sounds.  She's in the "pre-crawling" stage right now.  She can move around on the floor a bit by spinning in circles (usually trying to move toward Abby), and she can sometimes get down in a crawling position but still gets one of her back legs stuck.  I don't think it will be long before she is zooming all over the floor.  We re-installed the gate downstairs this past weekend as a precaution!

Lauren loves to eat -- she likes Cheerios and any bits of food that we give her off of our plates.  She is still nursing and I just adore the "milk coma" look that I get when she is done and rolls away.  Her grin showing her two bottom teeth is just too cute.  Enjoy the pictures I took in the backyard for her photo shoot!
Lauren with Sophie the Giraffe
Loves her Sophie!



If you look closely, you can see her teeth!

Kind of a smile

All smiles!
These are two of my favorites.

I love having a baby with chunky legs and a belly....they are so much fun to gobble up!  It will be interesting to watch how she grows and changes over these next few months as she gets more mobile.  When Hannah was 8 months old, we were just starting her on solids (since that was her adjusted 6 month), and as Hannah got mobile, she started dropping off the growth chart since she never had the "chunky" reserves.  We're not anticipating the same problem with Lauren.  I'm not sure what she weighs, but I'm guessing about 18 pounds. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She's adorable. Reese also has a giraffe that he loves only it is stuffed and has all these play things hanging from it. They always take it with them wherever they go. Reese is rolling and scooting to get places--so fun to watch.

- Betty Jo