I took a quick trip to Pittsburgh with the girls to attend the "Welcome Luncheon" for my college roommate Sonika's twins that were born in January. Sonika and her husband, Mike, traveled a long road before having these babies (and not by c-section - even though baby B was breach!) in January. They were definitely excited to have these babies and their enthusiasm to show them off to their friends and family showed in the preparations for the lunch - it was decorated like a wedding reception (actually nicer than some wedding receptions - including mine). There were tons of appetizers, an Indian feast for a late lunch, cake, videos and time to visit with friends. The only other W&J person there was our friend, Stacie...and I'm SO GLAD she was there to help corral my kids!
Stacie with the girls enjoying appetizers
(actually, Lauren enjoyed everything, including the Indian lunch - Hannah had cheese and crackers followed by a lunch of rice and bread....good thing I had a pack of applesauce in the diaper bag!)
The Cake
The story behind the decorations is that they didn't learn the sex before the babies were born. They referred to them as "peanut" and "jelly bean" & were able to carry that through with decorations.
Framed Pictures of the kids
Sonika actually gave me two of those beautiful table decorations - the ones one the tables where people ate had pictures of the kids hanging on them as ornaments. Sonika made them all. Apparently, that is what happens when a Hematologist-Oncologist finishes her fellowship and only has two babies to care for while she jobs hunts.....
Lots of people!
Hannah was actually scared of the Sikh men in their turbans. She kept calling them "artists" and telling me their hats were scary. I did my best to explain to her... Thankfully, Sonika thought it was funny ; )
Waiting for a train to come by
Sonika & Michael
Sonika & Mike with Nayla & Arjan
Hannah loves seeing Sonika and asking to hold those babies! We're so glad we were able to make the trip to celebrate. A funny story about the trip over to PA - I took the girls by myself and left Thursday night after work. The idea was that the girls would sleep & I'd arrive at Josh & Danila's and be able to just throw them into bed. Instead, Hannah viewed the trip as one-on-one time with Mommy after Lauren feel asleep before we hit downtown Columbus. Hannah talked to me ALMOST THE ENTIRE WAY. She fell asleep just past 9:30pm just past Washington, PA. In Washington, I called Danila to give her an ETA -- Hannah asked why I was calling Aunt D as the phone was dialing and when I told Hannah it was to give her an idea of when we'd be there, she responded "(audible SNIFF) We must be close. I can SMELL her." HILARIOUS!! (But apparently we weren't close enough for Hannah to make it that last hour.)
No comments:
Post a Comment