So I saw these little turkeys on a website and thought it would be something really cute to do for Thanksgiving. (And the website made it seem like they were really easy to make!) What I didn't plan on was having a deal at work go bad and me spending countless hours working (including multiple nights until 2am) trying to clean things up (and it's still not done....) but I had already asked Jon to get the ingredients, and I wanted to make them with the girls to do something fun, so being the crazy person I am, I went ahead one evening and made a dozen or more of these little turkeys (with the girls "helping"). I discovered that you have to be really careful with the sticks to not crack the oreos when assembling them, the candy corn doesn't always want to stay put, and even though the website shows you being able to put them in blocks of styrofoam to stand up, you cannot stand them up or they will fall apart. But, they were a great treat for the kids!
No comments:
Post a Comment