Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Happy 2nd Birthday Lauren!

I cannot believe my little girl is two years old.  The past two years have zoomed by, although when Lauren is being demanding I still think back to her arrival, where she "demanded" to be born when she wanted to, and not when I was ready or it was convenient..... 

Lauren is certainly challenging at times.  She knows what she wants, and isn't afraid to throw a fit in an attempt to get what she wants.  I don't cave, but she knows that her dad doesn't like crying :)  Lauren is "determined" (to put a positive spin on it), although stubborn does also fit the bill.  She loves to read, loves to be read to, and is a cuddle bug at bedtime - at least when she wants to cuddle.  She learned to open the gate in her room rather quickly (despite it being a 3-step operation), so we are now tying the gate shut with a towel to keep her in her room at night.  She also insists on leaving her door open, so we have to be really careful to make sure she is actually asleep before we shut it, or we risk re-starting the requests for snuggles.  Well, they aren't requests as much as demands - multiple times - before you can really finish the bedtime routine.

Lauren is talking some, but I'm sure it is hard for her to get a word in with chatty Hannah as a big sister.  Lauren loves her "Hi-Yah" (Hannah) and going to Lisa's house.  Our babysitter loves Lauren, so we know that it is out of love on challenging days when Jon picks up the girls and Lisa tells him that Hannah can stay, but "this one goes with you".....

Lauren loves her big sister and always wants to tag along and be exactly where Hannah is -- and play with whatever Hannah is playing with.  I'm so glad that they get along so well (for the most part).

At Lauren's two-year checkup she was 25 pounds and 34 1/2 inches tall.  She's wearing 2T clothes, and size 7 shoes.  She's growing up so fast!!!

No comments: