We have been really blessed to be part of a great ABF (Adult Bible Fellowship) at our church this year. Jon and I were in a Young Couples class before Hannah was born & our class kind of fizzled out as we all had kids and stopped coming during the Sunday School hour. Our church really had a need for a new group that was more "30-somethings" than young couples, and they started our class at the beginning of the year. We've done studies on parenting, books, and books of the Bible. [One of the more interesting studies we did was a study of Philippians were we had to do homework sheets every week as a couple - they wanted us reading the Bible & studying it together - needless to say, Jon & I discovered early on that we have VERY different study habits....] Our class is made up of about 12 couples...and 30 some odd kids. We had about 50 people, including kids, at our pot-luck Memorial Day picnic. I'm so thankful for the great (reservable) shelters in Dublin because we got a place by the river, with a playground, and plenty of space for our big group. We're all in the pre-school/early school stage of life, so things are a little crazy for us right now, but at least we are all in it together ; )
Chow time
I think a number of us live with kids (literally) attached to our bodies
Ellen, carrying a screaming child from the playground :)
The guys doing some "guy things"
Jake & his 5th treat of the day
Jake & Hannah down by the river
Jon, fishing ... need I say more?
This kid has a good time wherever she goes
Some ladies & baby overload
Pastor Brent & "baby Lucy"
(Lauren is obsessed with her & has named all of her baby dolls Lucy)
Gill, our super-cool & super-fun pastor's wife : )
No comments:
Post a Comment