I went to my parents' house to surprise my mom and attend a mother-daughter banquet with her at her church. Dad knew I was coming about 2 weeks ago, and we managed to keep Mom in the dark (although it caused a minor "tiff" when Dad left her a note asking her to make "an effort" to come home early). We hid my vehicle behind the garage, so she was totally surprised. When Mom said "where is she" - there was no doubt that she was talking about Hannah and not me, because once Mom saw Hannah downstairs she didn't come upstairs looking for me!
Mom loved showing off Hannah to everyone at the banquet.
I'm not sure if I've ever seen her that excited, and trust me -- my mom gets excited over lots of things (she used to teach Kindergarten - excitement is required there, I think). Hannah was really good and actually allowed me to eat my dinner. Afterwards, we stopped to see my friend Merritt and her two kids. Merritt's kids were also born early, so it is nice to have someone to say "did you go through x" and "when did your kid do x". David and Emma were both very good holding Hannah, but Merritt held her for most of our visit and declared her adorable and "a keeper".
No comments:
Post a Comment