Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

Finally! A family photo where I am showered and not wearing PJ's.


Mommy & her girl
Abby & Hannah

My first Mother's Day. What a treat. I've been showered with gifts all weekend and was finally able to take my little one out to show her off to some of the people who prayed for us when we were in the hospital.

Our whole little family went to church today for the first time since we became a family of three. Hannah slept through all of the music and was so quiet...at least until Pastor Hattenfield went up to preach his sermon...then she started to fuss, so I missed almost the entire sermon. Today's message wasn't so much about mothers, but mother-in-laws and how non-biological mothers (and women who aren't related at all) can have a big impact on people (the passage was about Naomi and Ruth).

I received a dozen roses from Jon and Hannah on Friday...my mom sent a wonderful card, a book for Hannah and some clothes for Hannah professing the wonderfulness of Mommy & Grandmas....my mother-in-law got me a nice rosebush to plant.....and my sister-in-law and her husband got me some flowers too. Today after church Jon and I went out to lunch and had a nice time with Hannah in tow (asleep).

It is amazing how my life has changed in just a year....but I am loving every minute.

No comments: