Thursday, August 21, 2008

7 Months Old

Hannah is already 7 months old. She isn't quite sitting up on her own yet, but she does roll, found her feet (and likes to eat her toes), loves books (eating them), chews on everything you put in her mouth, and has started to eat some solid food. She is becoming much more active and animated.

Today she "celebrated" turning 7 months by going to her first full day at the babysitter's house. (She went for 3 hours on Tuesday & had a great morning, but today was Daddy's first day back at school.) I think the hardest part of all of this is getting up extra early to get her and Daddy out the door by 6:30am. Otherwise, it isn't bad at all. Plus, every day the babysitter sends home a "report card" of sorts, detailing what she did all day. After reading the notes and Jon talking with the babysitter, we've decided that Hannah is much better with her than with us! She takes good naps, isn't cranky (unless she wants to eat or sleep) and really enjoys playing with the 2 other kids that are with her (just having Mom & Dad around must be boring!). We think this arrangement is going to be good for all of us.
All ready to go somewhere (but still in my jammies).
First Day of School
7 months old and loving my new exersaucer!!
I eat sweet potatoes now in addition to cereal...but I like to "help" with the spoon. Mommy gives me my own spoon, but I try to put it in my mouth when she has the one with food in my mouth. HA HA! Dinner time is quite an adventure now. I've also learned how to make buzzing sounds to spit food all over the place and all over Mommy.

1 comment:

Mommy and her munchkins said...

Oh the food spitting is the worst! Addison no longer does it (I think it's a phase) but it went on for a good month. I learned to wear old tshirts so as not to stain my clothes!