Jon and I went to my firm's Christmas Party tonight. It's a nice chance to get all dressed up an enjoy a good meal and night out (although the tux is a bit much, I'll admit). My parents came to babysit for Hannah, since last night was Jon's Christmas Party with the teachers at his school (which is much more laid back!). Last night they got stuck in bad weather, but fortunately we were able to take Hannah with us. We couldn't have done that tonight for sure.

I've discovered that Baker parties are a great use for bridesmaid dresses....fortunately my friend Sheri was in a number of weddings, so I can work through her closet as well as my own.
This year's party marked a big milestone for me -- it was the morning after last year's party that my life changed and we went to the hospital for the first time. Here was the picture taken after last year's party with a self-timer on the camera. Hard to believe I was 23 weeks pregnant at the time.
I think this holiday season is going to be filled with a number of reflections, as we think back to the first time we went to the hospital, my first week, getting discharged, getting put back in, and all of the events that led to the birth of Hannah. It's hard to believe that a year has gone by already.
No comments:
Post a Comment