Gavin Lucas Ely was born last night, December 2, 2008, at 7:05pm. He's quite a big boy, weighing in at 8 pounds, 2 ounces, and is 20.7 inches long. New mom Rachel (Jon's sister), new dad Ryan, and baby are all doing well.
Jon and I can't help but compare Hannah with Gavin -- Hannah was probably 3 months old before she was that big, and right now she's only about double his size (she's just under 17 pounds and 28 inches). When you see them together you realize how big he is (and the fact that he likely won't spend much time in "newborn" clothes!). He is a really cute little guy. Enjoy the pictures that we took last night when he was just a few hours old.
(I couldn't figure out how to rotate this picture...
he was sitting up with some help from the nurse)
Hannah was really intrigued by the baby in the room...she was looking at him, studying his cries, and then trying to figure out how to get into his bed to play with him! She doesn't realize that this cousin is a little smaller than her other one!
4 comments:
He is beautiful! Please tell Rachel and everyone congrats for us!
I'm so glad you posed, because we hadn't heard the news! Give them our best!
I meant posted. Fingers not working today I guess.
Congrats to you all! :)
I also wanted to let you know that we missed you the other night, too. It would have been fun to see the babies interact with one another. :) As for your question regarding the "Congrats", it's true. She said that it was ok to tell other people b/c they finally told her parents. :) We are so happy for them! :)
Anyway, congrats on the new addition to your extended family! :)
Post a Comment