Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

We hosted Christmas for the Woolley family this year. Since we set up our tree in the front room instead of the family room (to avoid Hannah pulling it down), we had to crowd in a much smaller room to open gifts....nothing like family togetherness in a room that only has a couch and one chair!


Opening gifts
Josh, Sally, Ron, Rachel & Ryan
(Danila was passing out gifts, Gavin was in a swing in the playroom,
and Jon, Hannah & I were out of view)
Jon helps Hannah open her first gift of the morning
I'm helping Hannah open her (what seems like) 100th gift of the morning!
Boy, do grandparents know how to spoil a kid!

I'll post some more pictures of Christmas later...unfortunately, these 3 pictures were the only ones taken with our camera. We were more into watching what was going on than taking pictures. Hannah really enjoyed the bows and ribbon, but wasn't all that into actually opening the presents. And, like most kids, she enjoyed the boxes and packaging more than some of her gifts (at least initially).

We'd started our morning with a good breakfast once everyone arrived at our house (and the "boys" got up), and then opened presents for over 2 hours (I think it was something like that -- it was a long time). By the end of the morning, Hannah had enough and went to bed before she even got lunch. She was a tired baby! We were then able to get back to preparing Christmas dinner, which was served around 3-4pm, and hanging out while the ham and turkey finished baking. After dinner I took a much-needed nap while my mother-in-law cleaned my kitchen for me!! (I should mention that we were all sick for Christmas. Jon and Hannah were sick first, and it hit me Christmas morning...Blah.) Then, we went over to Jon's sister's house in a neighboring suburb for dessert. However, I have a feeling that we'll end up paying for getting Hannah off schedule in the days to come...

We had a wonderful Christmas and are certainly blessed. Merry Christmas to you!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like you all had a great time! That flu bug visited our house too. All of Kendra's family and I had it before Christmas, Malynn had a bout with it and Eli celebrated New Year's with it. Hope everyone is feeling well now.