Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Our Little Monkey

I've mentioned before that Hannah is a little climber....well Jon and I are only starting to understand what her capabilities are.

Today at work I got a phone call from Jon telling me that Hannah had pushed a kitchen chair over to the baby gate (nothing new), climbed onto the chair (a recent trick), and then climbed over the baby gate by lowering herself down to the other side (WHAT?!). Jon discovered her in the laundry room with a handful of dog food from Abby's food bin (which Hannah had also opened). Wow. You can't really baby-proof for these aerobatics!

Later that night when I got home from work, I went into the family room to get something before clearing the table after dinner...Jon had warned me that Hannah had climbed ONTO the table when he turned his back on her while preparing dinner....but I was out of the room a little too long.



Apparently, the cross bars on the bottom of the chairs provide the little extra lift that Hannah needs to get her little legs up onto the chair. Then, our strong little determined girl pulls herself up and off she goes. What a kid we've got....and she thinks it's so funny to climb on tables and chairs!

1 comment:

The Merricks said...

Just wait till she starts planning . . . then the fun of keeping up and trying to out smart really gets started.

I remember when Beth was just a little older than Hannah (She was right around two.) She kept wanting to get into a plate of cookies I had just made to take to church that night so I set them on top of the fridg. I went to get the phone. She managed to drag a kitchen chair over to the counter. Using the chair she pulled one of her little child size chairs up onto the kitchen counter (I have know idea how she managed this.) She used that chair to climb up on top of the fridgerator. I came back around the corner to find her sitting on top of the fridg with a cookie in each hand giggling at me. And I wasn't gone that long!!!!

Enjoy all the activity of your little one.

Lisa