Friday, April 24, 2009

Zoo Trip!

I took Hannah to the zoo for the first time today. We got our family membership a few weeks ago and I'd been itching to go. Of course, Hannah has actually been to the zoo before without me (Grandma & Grandpa, Aunt Danila, and some cousins took her on her first trip while Jon & I got some time away together). Aunt Rachel & Gavin came with us, as did Sheri & Jacob. We all piled into Sheri's giant SUV -- 3 carseats do fit in the 2nd row! I was in the back, with 3 strollers piled up beside me! Since we live so close, it's nice to be able to go up for just a few hours instead of trying to spend an entire day. It's so much fun to watch Hannah be interested in everything going on around her - it's so amazing to watch her growing up.
Hannah - on the way - Yes, my 15-month old still has to sit facing backwards...she's not yet 20 pounds!

Jacob is 9 months old and going on 30 pounds, but he still has to sit backwards since he's not a year yet... I got to sit behind the kids and make funny faces at them during the short drive to the zoo.

Hannah enjoys a few snacks at the aquarium

Hannah & Jacob take in the sights

Hannah was more into snacks than the manatee

Gavin slept a lot, but when he woke up he was ready to eat!
At 4 1/2 months, he's getting to be a big boy!

Aunt Rachel & cousin Gavin
How appropriate -- my little monkey climbing on the gorilla!
The whole gang!
Sheri, Jacob, Hannah, Rachel, Gavin & Julie

No comments: