Hannah went pee in the potty last night!!!
Now, before you think I am crazy and already starting to potty-train my not-quite 18 month old..... The past month or so Hannah has started to come to us when her diaper is dirty - she'll run up to you & say "up" and then of course you smell her right away. She's also been dry after some naps, so my mom suggested just introducing her to the potty, but not potty-training right now. So, we bought a potty for the downstairs bathroom and one of those potty seats that goes on a big toilet for Hannah's bathroom (not knowing what would be better). Every now and then when I go I'll take Hannah in with me and sit her down, and after I undress her for her bath I'll stick her on the seat, but I don't expect anything to happen. We just sit and talk about the potty.
Well, last night I got her ready for her bath and stuck her little naked behind on the potty seat and she started to pee....I started cheering her like a mad woman. I'm sure Hannah thought I was crazy and had lost my mind. It was so exciting. She just sat on the potty and grinned. I have no photos, unfortunately (for me, that is -- she'll probably be thankful for that in 20 years).
This by no means indicates that she's ready to actually start potty-training, and I'm not planning on starting right now. We're just going to continue to let her get used to the idea and see what happens over the next few months. In the meantime - this was pretty dang exciting!
3 comments:
That's a pretty big milestone!
I feel like I need a disclaimer that for the past week Hannah has put her potty seat on the big potty and then when I've asked her if she wants to go potty she says no. I try to pick her up because sometimes no means yes, and she stiff legs me so it is impossible for her to sit. Apparently that no means no....so I am not expecting any more potty tales anytime soon.
Wow, Hannah!!!!!! WAY TO GO... literally!!
Julie,, It has always been a tradition at my house to potty train all of the children, but if you want to do it all by yourself feel free,,, :) kidding... actually, no I'm not... :)
Lisa
Post a Comment