Sunday, July 5, 2009

Star Spangled Baby

Happy 4th of July! Hope you enjoyed celebrating our nation's birthday this weekend. Jon and I enjoyed a relaxing weekend at home. I got to work on some scrapbooking and we cleaned up around the house -- a good weekend, in our book. Enjoy some shots of Hannah - I just wanted one good one and of course she wouldn't sit still, so action shots provided by the child who never stops.

Doesn't she just look rotten???

Calling Grandma
(yes, that is marker on her hand....the mark on her head is a burn from the slide...we've got an adventurous child on our hands....)

Watching the dogs play outside and wanting to join them

Checking her new purse (thanks Aunt Danila) for her Elmo cell phone

Attempting to climb the gate - the reason we had to swap out the pressure-mounted one for one that is drilled into the wall.
Notice that she hasn't forgotten her purse....How is it that I am raising such a girly girl?

Hannah loving on Gracie. We've still got 2 dogs for another week....Hannah is loving it.

Quick story from the weekend....my bronchitis came back and Jon was trying to let me sleep to fight it off. On Friday night Hannah woke up at midnight. Since I couldn't sleep I tried to rock her and put her back to sleep for about 30 minutes. I gave up and gave her to Jon. I didn't hear a peep the rest of the night. On Saturday morning I woke up later than usual after sleeping in. I went downstairs to see Hannah and Jon having breakfast and Jon relayed to me (after I inquired why they both looked so tired) that at 2:15am Hannah woke up screaming at the top of her lungs -- Dog, Dog. She wanted the dogs. Jon got her out of her crib and she ran to the top of the stairs yelling for the dogs. Gracie came running up the stairs -- that wasn't good enough for Hannah -- she wanted Abby too. So she started yelling Ab, Ab, and checking all of the look out spots from the top of the stairs until Abby came up too. Hannah then chatted up the dogs and pet them while Jon looked on deliriously. Finally he took Hannah to bed with him (he's been in the guest room due to my coughing), but she didn't want to lay on his chest. Instead, she wiggled her way beside him, pulled the covers up under her chin and then proceeded to sit and babble away. What a night!

1 comment:

Cassidy family said...

The outfit Hannah is wearing...is it supposed to look like a shirt and undies, a dress, or was it something that was free and it didn't matter how it looked she was going to wear it?