Thursday, October 29, 2009

Trick or Treat

In Dublin and a lot of the other Columbus suburbs, trick-or-treating was tonight -- Thursday night -- instead of on Halloween. It was perfect weather to be out. We only went to a few houses of neighbors we talk to a lot, and that was fine. Hannah and I were actually only out for 45 minutes, and although she kept signing "more" toward the end, I figured we'd had enough and it was getting close to bedtime. I didn't take my camera out and about, but wish I had. One of my neighbors, Caroline, got some great pictures of Hannah with her daughter, Amelie (who is only a few months younger than Hannah) -- I wish I had them to share! On Sunday at the zoo we couldn't convince Hannah to keep her hat on, but tonight she didn't want to take it off -- even once she was home eating her candy, she stayed in full costume until it was time for bed.
Hannah wasn't too into getting her picture taken inside....I think because she was so hot. It was really warm on trick-or-treat night, and once we got outside she seemed to have a little more fun!




Daddy & his girl
Hannah & Mommy
Hannah tried some Smarties...and liked them until she got one a tad too sour. She really liked the kit kat and mini oreos that I let her have...but like any "good" mom, I only gave her a little piece and helped her finish the pieces she didn't eat.
Hannah sampling some of her candy
(I'm glad we only went to 7 houses....she got plenty!)
Finger lickin' good

2 comments:

The Armen Family said...

I love her costume! :)
J had his first Trick-or-Treat experience this year, too! He saw the other kids, and jumped right in. lol

We can't wait to see you all in a month! :)

Marcia said...

What a cute little trick-or-treater! Love the costume!