Friday night Susan and I stayed up and chatted, and then I slept hard (much easier to do when you know there is no baby for you to take care of!). Saturday morning we went through a giant bin on Hannah's clothes that I took to Susan for Jaidyn to borrow. I brought my 6-9 month bin of clothes and as we were going through them I realized that Hannah was wearing a lot of those clothes when she was about a year old. In fact, I think that some of the stuff only went into the bin because of the season change to spring and not because Hannah actually outgrew it. "Little" Jaidyn will be wearing that stuff soon!
After lunch Susan and I went to work on a blog for her family. She'd been wanting to do it for awhile, but wanted help getting going, so that was a primary reason for the trip -- and we did get quite a bit done. Of course, the hard part is continuing to update.... but Susan is off to a good start - check out http://kowall.blogspot.com to see what we've done!
Danila brought Hannah down to Susan's to help save me on my drive time home. We all ate dinner together and then Hannah and I took off for home. I had waited until bedtime to leave with the idea that Hannah would just sleep in her PJ's on the way home and then I could move her into her bed. On the way to Danila's (which was during nap time), she slept almost the whole way - I think she was only up the last 45 minutes. So, we loaded up the car and had Hannah all ready for bed. I stopped for gas and Starbucks (just in case I needed it) before we left Canonsburg so there would be no reason to stop until we were home.
Now, what I don't have pictures of, nor do I want to remember, is the 90 minutes that Hannah screamed her head off on the way home. About 5-10 minutes after we got on the freeway Hannah started screaming. I tried taking off her socks, picking her blankie up after she dropped it on the floor, etc. By the time I got to St. Clairsville (an hour of screaming), I decided to stop at the rest area to try to calm her down. I got her out and walked around....she didn't want to be put back into her seat.....so we walked some more, changed her diaper...and then I gave her some Tylenol. I got her back on the road and she screamed for another 20-30 minutes before she fell asleep.
(However, she did wake up about 15 minutes before we got home and screamed then too....but stopped when we got to her room and I put her in her crib. Needless to say, it was a LONG trip home.)
3 comments:
I should add that Hannah had an absolute BLAST with her aunt and uncle. She ran around their house in circles "stealing" Gracie's dog toys so Gracie would chase her and climbing up to play the piano. From the report I received, she was on the go non-stop!! We'll have to make a weekend with Aunt D and Uncle Josh a tradition!
I feel for you on the car trip. We've had more than 1 of those unfortunately.
One of my favorites stories about Eli is the time he hit me in the back of the head with a Matchbox car while I was driving on I-80 to visit my mom and dad. Usually it was just me and the kids on those trips as Mike was busy painting. Guess he was bored or wanted to stop don't really remember. I never decided if that was better than a crying baby or not!
Post a Comment