We had friends over for lunch on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Aunt Danila had gone out that morning to get her hair done (we use the same hair lady - she decided they were in town often enough and her schedule was more open during trips to Columbus than normal weekends in Pittsburgh) and I asked her to find out how much she charged for toddler haircuts (since I'll admit that Hannah was getting a bit of a mullet in the back) and how long they would take. Danila called me telling me that Judi (our hairdresser) could do Hannah at 1pm after her appointment was over. I wasn't sure if our friends would be gone by then because we had kids with naptimes, but everyone didn't arrive until around 11am.....so I was afraid to commit. Well, I told Jon there was an opening and he decided to just take her -- without ME -- and Uncle Josh went with him with my instruction to take pictures (which he thought was ridiculous).
Jon didn't think anything of taking Hannah for her first haircut without me...which shows he's confident in his role as Dad.....but when the boys showed up at my hair place without me, Danila (and Judi) were definitely wondering "are you sure Julie is okay with this?" Let me just say that we had a house full of 3 other couples and 2 other kids and we'd just finished lunch....I couldn't exactly protest much. What's even funnier is that Jon left so abruptly and it was close to nap time, so my friends actually thought that he went upstairs to put her down for a nap and didn't realize he left the house! They didn't know until he was home and had put Hannah down for her nap for real!
Jon didn't think anything of taking Hannah for her first haircut without me...which shows he's confident in his role as Dad.....but when the boys showed up at my hair place without me, Danila (and Judi) were definitely wondering "are you sure Julie is okay with this?" Let me just say that we had a house full of 3 other couples and 2 other kids and we'd just finished lunch....I couldn't exactly protest much. What's even funnier is that Jon left so abruptly and it was close to nap time, so my friends actually thought that he went upstairs to put her down for a nap and didn't realize he left the house! They didn't know until he was home and had put Hannah down for her nap for real!
Let's just say that Hannah DID NOT like her first haircut.
Last shot of the curls....Clinging to Daddy
Getting tired.....we've gone over nap time....
Dazed and confused
She doesn't look happy, but she settled down.
Departing gift from Judi -- Hannah's first sucker!
Although I did hate to miss another "first" (I missed the first bath in the hospital when she was a week old), I did get to see some pictures and Jon did bring a cute little girl home (who was ready for a nap!). Although I miss the curls from the back that were cut off, her hair seems thicker now that it is a little shorter. Hopefully her next cut will be a little easier on her.
No comments:
Post a Comment