Saturday, December 19, 2009

First Snow!

We got our first snow over the weekend and I was eager to try out Hannah's new (to her) snowsuit (oh, how I love Once Upon a Child! - for those not in the area, it's a used children's everything store). Hannah did not want to put on her snowpants at first (well, or "at second" either). I wrestled them on her in the middle of the family room floor, but then once she was ready I had to send Jon outside with her so she didn't get too hot while I laced up my shoes because I'd forgotten that part!

Jon and I had a lot of fun playing with her outside. At first she wasn't too excited about the whole idea, but once she realized she could walk and move around in her boots and all of the extra clothes, she was ready to play!

I had a hard time narrowing down the pictures, so there are more than usual.... My little snow bunny!
At first she wasn't quite sure about the snow - especially when she'd fall down.
Trudging over to the slide.
She wanted to swing....so we did.
Hannah exploring.

Hannah makes her first snowball
Hannah helps Daddy make a snowman!
This snowman is almost taller than me.
Hannah didn't really like sitting on top of the snowman.

After playing in our yard, Hannah actually went to get her stroller so I'd take her and Abby on a walk....so the 3 of us went down to the park to play for a while. Hannah and Abby both ran in circles.

Hannah chasing after Abby!
The girls.
Wanting to go back inside.

I think we had a pretty usual time outside for an almost-2-year-old. It took us about 15 minutes to get ready to go outside, and I'd like to think we were outside for a little more than 15 minutes! It was so much fun!!!

No comments: