On Saturday we went to Pennsylvania to visit my Grandma Catney. She was so excited to have the little kids coming for a visit! Here's a picture of her with all of her great-grandchildren.
Liam (almost 2), Jaidyn (6 months), and Hannah (almost 2)
It is a lot of fun that Karen, Susan and I are having our kids all at the same time - we're going through the same things and can be a resource for each other. When Mom and Aunt Patty started having kids, they had all of their kids really close together too and as a result we did TONS of things growing up with our cousins. I was born first, then 15 months later Karen arrived, 1 month later Susan was born, 2 years later came Daniel, and 1 year after that was Michael. The net result for Grandma was 5 grandkids in 5 years. There is a really cute picture of her holding all 5 of us on the couch, and if I can get a copy to get scanned, I'll add it in. Grandma now has managed to get 3 great-grandkids in 18 months, which is how she started out with the round of grandkids 30 years ago! I hope all of these cousins can grow up as friends too - even though I know it will be harder since we are a little (okay, a lot) more spread apart.
No comments:
Post a Comment