24 weeks and 2 days......that was the point in my last pregnancy that problems first arose....and that is where I am today.
My pregnancy with Hannah was a piece of cake until Sunday, December 8, 2007....I woke up for church to some clotting and called my doctor, who sent me to the hospital to be checked out. Our hospital visit was pretty uneventful, other than 5 ultrasounds and lots of residents checking things out and telling me they didn't see anything out of the ordinary. I was sent home with instructions to see my doctor the next day. After seeing Dr. Ruedrich, he told me that I had a low-lying placenta and that was likely the problem, but to just take it easy at work (laying down on a couch for 20 minutes, 3 times a day -- during the workday) and to take it easy in the evenings and I'd likely be fine.
For this pregnancy we've thoroughly checked the placement of my placenta and it isn't low like last time -- it's in a great location and looks good.
This 24-week mark was something that I kept in the back of my mind, but I wasn't really obsessing over it. Our doctor has a philosophy that sometimes you have to treat the patient's mental health and well-being as well as the medical issues, so he scheduled extra appointments around this 24-week period to reassure us that everything was still fine. He told us there were no medical reasons that he would need to do extra ultrasounds or checks because things looked great, but he wanted to make sure that we were reassured that this pregnancy was different.
I'm so thankful for a great doctor and a healthy pregnancy!
No comments:
Post a Comment