Here is an email I got from Lisa this morning about Hannah's big day yesterday.....sounds like Hannah had fun!
We had a super fun and exhausting day yesterday, maybe Jon told you. I signed up to help chaperone the high school marching band at the Plain City park yesterday. The band traveled to Monroe Elementary in the morning and then went to the park for a pizza/chips/water lunch before playing at Plain City Elementary in the afternoon. Lauren [Lisa's youngest daughter] plays saxophone, so I wanted to go and support the other band mothers. I loaded up a picnic lunch for Brandon and Hannah and we got in the double stroller and I pushed them to the park. When we arrived, the band buses were already there, and Lauren spotted us and came running. Needless to say when all the students found out that Hannah was Mr. Woolley's child, I never saw her again except to look across the shelter house occasionally to make sure she was still around. Lauren and her 'group' fed them, did a bathroom break, and played with them! Hannah ate 1/2 of a peanut butter sandwich on wheat bread, 1/2 of a nutrigrain bar, about 6 potato chips, 1/2 banana, a handful of cheez-its, a cup of milk, a footlong twizzler, and that's where I lost track. The high-schoolers were handing her snacks left and right. LOL.
We left at 12:30 and stroller(ed) Brandon to preschool. While I was signing him in, the band buses arrived. Hannah was amazed watching the kids tune their horns and unpack the bass drums. It was SO exciting, so the other moms asked if I would like to come in the gym to watch the performance. I usually put Hannah down at 1:30 and the show was supposed to start at 1:00, so I accepted. Hannah sure enjoyed it! When Peyton, Chase and Luke [Hannah's friends who are at Lisa's before and after school] came in the gym she got a kick! Brandon even came in to watch as well. It started at 1:15 though and at 2:00, we left and came home. She was in bed by 2:10, and slept until about 3:15. I know she's been SO tired for you, but she sure had a good time with the band!
When Lisa mentions that Hannah has been tired for us....she has been so hard to wake up in the morning. She is going to bed at 7:30pm, but when 6:20 ish rolls around, I'm slowly trying to coax her out of bed. Almost every morning this week I dressed her while she was in "preemie prone" position (all tucked in like a ball). Makes the morning interesting....she is also super clingy and wants carried, wants to take a blanket in the car with her to sleep, and generally tries to wiggle deeper into the covers or to roll back over when I try to pry her out of bed. I feel SO BAD waking her up so early.....Most days when she is at home she is down for her nap at 12:30 and she sleeps until 3 or 3:30, so our little 2.5-3 hour napper is probably getting a little run-down during the day when she gets shorter naps.... But, with the increase in appetite, she is probably also going through another growth spurt too. Hopefully we'll get back on a good routine in the mornings before the new baby arrives!
No comments:
Post a Comment