Hannah got to wear her Scooby Doo Halloween costume for the first time this afternoon. Jon and I took her to the Dublin "Spooktacular," which is an event put on every year by our Rec Center. It's free and open to the public, so it really brings out a crowd. They have hay mazes for the kids, a "trunk or treat" trail sponsored by local businesses, cookie decorating, pumpkin carving, craft stations, dance demonstrations and more. We had a good time! Here are some of the pictures we took.
Scooby Doo is ready to go!
Hannah LOVED running through the hay maze!



Hannah and Daddy coloring
Hannah picked out her costume herself this year at Once Upon a Child. I was shopping for pants for her that have adjustable waistbands (I doubt most 3T-sized kids are only 27 pounds!), and while I was doing that, Jon let her sort through the costumes. She immediately went for the dog one! I'm guessing the costume is actually a little too short for her, but thankfully a pair of black tights saved the day, and she doesn't care -- she is just excited to be Scooby!


Once we got to the Spooktacular, we had to decide what activity to tackle first. Our assigned time for "Trunk or Treat" wasn't for 30-45 minutes, so we knew we'd have to keep her busy.
Next, Hannah and Daddy iced some sugar cookies together...
We went "trunk or treating" and despite the fact that Hannah told us in the car the entire way there that she was going to say "Trick or Treat" and "Thank you," boy did she clam up when put to the test. She did get a "thank you" out to just about everyone, but wasn't always willing to talk to the people. She collected a decent amount of candy and we finished up just in time for a local dance studio's performance.
I didn't get any pictures of Hannah watching the dance demonstration because I was holding onto her "tail" trying to keep her from running out with the "big girls". At first she sat on my lap, but the longer they danced the more she was all set to join them, but when some came up to her and asked afterwards if she wanted to learn to dance with them during the "class" part of the dancing, she only wanted Mommy.... However, she was content to spin her pinwheel and dance by herself while we were waiting for the next act.
2 comments:
She's a pretty cute Scooby Doo!
Looks like a good time!
Post a Comment