Thursday, September 8, 2011

First Day of School

Breakfast of champions for the first day of school - Cheerios!
(Seriously, how did parents ever survive without them?!)

Feeling a little like my mom, making signs for Hannah to hold for pictures.....but it will help with scrapbooking.  I wonder if I'll still be making my girls hold up signs in high school on the first day of school like my mom did......she didn't get many smiles in those ones.....  Anyways, here are some pictures I took of Hannah before she went off for her first full day of pre-school.



I am apparently raising the queen of silly faces for pictures.
I think her Dad must be teaching her this while I am at work!
She is growing up so very fast.  It's true when they tell you childhood goes by in the blink of an eye.  Where did my 3.5 lb little baby go?  
This is a 30 pound little girl!
One thing is certain....Hannah LOVES her dog.  She was really upset when I told her that Abby couldn't go to school with her.  Fortunately, Abby is really good about all of the affection that she gets from Hannah.  Jon and I are pretty sure that the treats that Hannah always wants to give to Abby help make the "love" a little more bearable.
 
Here is a picture of her school - it's only about a five minute drive from our house.  If I wasn't headed for work immediately after dropping Hannah off, I'd think about walking her to school.  When I dropped her off for her first day, she didn't even look back at me or say goodbye.  She just darted off into the room.  I guess we are doing our part to raise an independent child.  She looked at the kids clinging to their parents in the hallway with a "what is wrong with you? we're here to have fun" kind of a look.  I think school is going to be a good fit for her this year.

No comments: