Saturday, September 24, 2011

Touch a Truck - 2011

My mom and I took our girls and Rachel's boys to touch a truck at the rec center this year.  When we walked in, the lady at the gate thought that all four were mine!  Although I may want to have more than the 2 kids that we have right now, I don't think the age spread on the 4 of them is what I have in mind ; )

The kids were really well-behaved.  Gavin and Hannah were good listeners and the babies were good in the stroller together.  I'm glad we got our minivan so I could easily have all 4 carseats in the vehicle.  The weather was a little dreary, but it actually made exploring the trucks so much better than last year.  There were fewer people there, so we got a parking space right away and the kids didn't have to wait in line to climb in the trucks.

While we were there, mom got to climb in the ambulance that took Lauren & I to the hospital when she was born, and I went up to the firefighters to ask if the guy who helped with our delivery was working and they asked if I was a friend.  I told him that "no, he delivered my baby" and the two firefighters standing near there both said "oh, you're the family on Castleknock!"  Apparently, our family is well-known to the Dublin fire department (even at the other stations!).  Too funny!

Grant and Lauren
Hannah & Gavin get firehats
Hannah LOVED getting to be on the schoolbus
Smile!
Gavin wouldn't let me get his picture, but Hannah was all about exploring the bus.
And, this is the best picture we got of all 4 of the kids all day!
Gavin gives the peanut a high five!!!
Gavin "driving" the bulldozer
Hannah "drives" the bulldozer
Little girl, big machine
Hannah & Gavin on the tractor
Hannah entertains the babies
Gavin, Mom & Hannah

 
When we got home, Grant got his first taste of watermellon

No comments: