Sunday, November 6, 2011

Lauren is 1

I can't believe our Lauren is one year old already!  She got a little more cake leftover from her party after lunch today and she had quite the time eating it.  She is definitely a fan of cake!

At one year, Lauren is 21 pounds, 11 ounces (50-75%) and 29.5" long (50%).  She is wearing some 12 month clothes, but is starting to move into 18 months clothes.  She's longer than Hannah was at 1 year, but heavier.  Lauren crawls everywhere and is in to everything.  She is cruising on furniture but isn't walking yet.  She still tends to favor me and if given the choice of being held by just about anyone else, she'll reach out to me.  Of course, it certainly makes me feel loved, but there are times when I'd love it I wasn't packing her around!  Lauren loves to eat and will eat just about anything given to her.  She'll hold a spoon while she eats with her other hand.  We're still nursing, I'm getting ready to cut her down to just morning and night.  (The whole pumping at work thing certainly gets old quickly!) 

Lauren's favorite toy isn't really a toy....it's a remote.  Well, actually any piece of electronics is her favorite - phones, the computer, Jon's I-pad, and my blackberry.  She will crawl over people and things to get to remotes or other electronics.  She is quite stubborn when she doesn't get her way and if you take a remote from her, be prepared for a scream!  Lauren loves Abby and her eyes light up in the morning when she first sees Abby.  Lauren also really enjoys playing with Hannah.  They're becoming good friends and they'll actually play together in the playroom.

No comments: