Rachel has had a hard time getting the boys' pictures done, so I offered to do them one day when they were planning to be over at our house in the afternoon. I'm no professional, that's for sure, but I do have a nice camera with very little delay. So, we took them to a park near our house (she didn't come in so Hannah would stay down for her nap....although when I got home she asked me why I got into Aunt Rachel's car and left during naptime....so much for being sneaky). I managed to get a few good shots of the boys, even though it was the middle of the afternoon and probably a little too bright out. Enjoy!
This was literally the first shot I took.
I discovered the secret to getting Gavin to cooperate - let him run around like crazy after every 2-3 pictures. It worked like a charm. I'd send him running across the park or around the barn while I selected my next shot and then would have him stop for just a minute to smile and then run again.
Gavin - 3 years, 4 months old
Getting pictures of the boys together was quite challenging. Grant was constantly trying to move away from Gavin or they were moving in different directions. The probably spent twice as much time trying to get a good picture of them together as I did on individual shots for both of them combined....and met limited success. I have a whole new appreciation for photographers!
Grant - 1 year, 1 month
I actually had a hard time getting the most smiley baby in the world to smile for me when I had my camera up!
No comments:
Post a Comment