Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

We went to Pennsylvania for Easter this year.  Although I've hosted Easter dinner with an egg hunt the past two years, I'd been busy at work this year and with the basement project underway, I wasn't sure I wanted to go through the effort this year, so Is emailed Danila and asked her if she'd host us!  She replied "yes! bring it," so away we went....  We arrived Friday evening and enjoyed a lazy evening around the house.  

On Saturday, after recovering from Josh trying to freeze us out by turning off the heat overnight (it was an accident, but it was REALLY cold that night and the 51 degree reading on the thermostat in the morning may have explained why Lauren was up 1/2 the night screaming - around 3am I ended up giving Hannah my spot upstairs with Jon while I slept downstairs in Hannah's bed in the room with Lauren), Jon & Josh took Hannah to see the Lorax while Danila, Lauren & I went to Ikea to scope out furniture for the basement (we found a couch! - no small task, with a 28" opening to work with).  Sunday morning, the Easter bunny made an appearance, we went to church, and attempted naptime after lunch.  Here are some pictures:

Baskets for the girls and for Jon too.  Hannah and Lauren each got little stuffed bunnies, princess bunny ear headbands, some pool dive toys, and some candy.  Hannah's big present was a soccer ball and goal set, while Lauren got a bubble machine.  The girls were excited!
Hannah
Lauren
Hannah inspecting her candy - she was particularly excited about the pink peeps.
Lauren just checked everything out
Neither of the girls wanted to keep the headbands on, but they were CUTE!
Hannah checked out the bubble machine....
....and the soccer goal while we waited for Uncle Josh to get ready for church.
Attempt at a pre-church photo shoot
My Girls!
Clearly, Lauren was done!

No comments: