Sunday, February 10, 2008

Grandma Folger Turns 60


My mom turned 60 on February 5th.

I didn't get her a present (although my family hasn't been big on birthday presents as we've gotten older, so that's not totally unusual), didn't call her, and didn't even send a card.....at least I sent an e-mail acknowledging her birthday, but boy was I an awful daughter.

This weekend my parents came to the house because my mom was hoping to see Hannah again. While at the house, my parents did all of our laundry (which hadn't been done since their last visit), cleaned up stuff for us, and my dad made us a huge pot of vegetable soup to get us through the week. They had only planned on coming Saturday, but when I told my mom how much laundry there was, they came Friday night just so she could start the laundry! What great parents I have.

At any rate, to make up for my lack of "birthday-ness", I gave my mom what may be the best present I had to give -- she got to hold her granddaugher for the first time. She was very excited and I'm sure that holding Hannah more than made up for any gift, call, or card from me. Some pictures from our Saturday visit are posted below.

Grandma Folger is loving every minute.


Grandpa Folger held Hannah for a quick minute before heading back to WV.

Mommy holds her girl to show off Hannah's long legs.

What an afternoon....Hannah is tired and ready for her nap!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great 60th birthday present for your mom Julie.

Momof4 said...

How sweet. I'm sure your Mom didn't mind that you didn't buy her a card or gift, Julie. Anyone would understand!