My sister and I are trying to give our mom gray hair...When mom is in Virginia with my sister (Karen, pictured above), something always happens here.
First, when I went to the hospital for my first stay, my mom was in Virigina helping Karen with all sorts of last-minute baby stuff (Karen was due 10 weeks before me, on January 20th). Mom couldn't make it to Ohio until I'd been in the hospital for a few days, which had her feeling awful.
Next, mom's first grandson, Liam, came a little early (January 10th), and mom could only go to Virginia for that weekend. She'd planned to come to Ohio for Martin Luther King weekend, and I encouraged her to go back to Viriginia instead to have an extended weekend with Karen and the new baby. So, she went to Virginia and I ended up calling her very early Monday morning (Janury 21st) telling her that my water had broken, "but don't worry mom, the doctor doesn't think we'll have the baby anytime soon." Famous last words -- of course, Hannah was born about 12 hours later....and mom is in Virginia. She didn't make it to Ohio for another few days....and she was wishing she could clone herself the whole time.
Now, my sister is in the hospital in Virginia....and mom is CONVINCED that Hannah will come home next week, while she is in Virginia trying to help out my sister and take care of Liam. We'll see if that really happens, but if so, my mom will surely be going crazy.
My sister could actually use some prayers....on Tuesday of this week she went to the ER and was diagnosed with gallstones, a kidney infection, and pancritis. She was in a TON of pain. They admitted her and put her on a clear liquid diet and painkillers. Since it is flu season and she isn't in the maternity ward, her new little baby can't come to the hospital (which must be awful), and she is now pumping full-time when her medications don't cause problems (which I know is awful). On Thursday she had her gallbladder removed. They couldn't do a procedure during the operation to inject a dye to look for other problems, so now they are running all sorts of tests on her to find out why she can't keep food down (despite having normal vitals). She is frustrated with her hospital stay, the doctors, not seeing Liam, and everything else...her husband is staying with her at night, while mom takes care of the baby....and then mom is with her during the day. I think things are pretty stressful for everyone, and much worse than my hospital stay because we knew what was wrong with me, and I didn't FEEL sick at all. To be in pain and hooked up to IV's and not eating would be the worst thing. So, please pray that my sister will get better and get home soon...here's a picture of the little boy waiting on her.

1 comment:
Julie, I'm so sorry for Aunt Colleen and Karen. Now that I've read your blog, I will keep Karen in mind. I'm really worried. She'll be ok right? I'm glad to hear that everything is okay with both babies. Everyone is in my prayers!
Love,
N (+2)
Post a Comment