Day 3 of the cruise was Coco Cay, a private Royal Caribbean island. Our day was spent lying under palm trees reading, eating a good lunch, snorkeling, swimming, and just relaxing. It was wonderful to just sit around and do nothing.
However, despite a hefty application of sunscreen before we left the ship and about 3 re-applications (I set my watch timer for every 2 hours), we both still got pretty sun-burnt on our backs.....I think the lotion washed off when we were in the water (even though it was "water-proof"), and when we were snorkeling we were out there for a long time. Ouch. At least I brought the aloe vera with us "just in case."
Jon was really excited to snorkel. I'd done it for the first time when we were in Hawaii for Karen's wedding, but Jon had never done it. It was so much fun to see the fish - they schooled near the lifeguard stands and would come right up to your mask. There was also a sunken plane and canons to explore underwater. We even saw some jellyfish, but they were moon jellyfish, which supposedly won't sting you - but we weren't really up for testing that. We probably went out snorkeling 3 separate times in the 10-3 that we were on the island. It was a lot of fun.
Julie & Jon
Jon sitting on the floating mat
(there was a lot of seaweed in the shallow section)
(there was a lot of seaweed in the shallow section)
No comments:
Post a Comment