Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Our Cruise

Jon and I took our first vacation without Hannah last week. And we had a great time! To be honest, I was a little nervous about leaving her - since she was born (well, I guess technically since she came home from the hospital), I'd only ever been away from her one night (for a business trip to Boston). Of course, when you are nursing for 15 months (she weaned totally at 16 months), it's just easier to be around. Jon and I thought that it would be good for us to get away and have fun, and IT WAS.

We did a 4-day Caribbean cruise. The ship left from Miami, but we flew to Ft. Lauderdale because Southwest had some amazing deals on airfare. I've included some random pictures below, but did a separate post for each stop the ship made. I absolutely love being at sea - it is so relaxing. Jon likes cruises because of the food - there is a lot of it. Our waiter would bring him an extra entree (and sometimes extra appetizers and desserts) every night. I think on the last night everyone at our table had 2 desserts! It was so nice to just hang out without responsibilities and just enjoy each other's company - after the stress of my pregnancy & Hannah's arrival, and the general upheaval of becoming parents, it was nice to just get away "like the old days." Of course, we missed Hannah and did think about her (on the way home I realized that every thing I purchased was for her!), but making sure that our marriage and relationship comes first is still important. After all, when she's all grown up and has left our house, Jon and I will still be "stuck" with each other!


Julie & Jon
Celebrating 5 Years of Marriage!
Our Ship
Majesty of the SeasTowel Art, provided by Susan, our cabin attendant


Our Assigned Dinner Group
Kevin & LeighAnn (newlyweds from VA),
and Molly & Justin (1st anniversary from CA)

Sunshine, here we come!
Although the ship ported in Miami (coming & going), we really didn't see much of Miami...just whatever the bus operator pointed out to us as we drove up the freeway to Ft. Lauderdale. I took this picture just to prove we were there : )


No comments: