Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Parasailing

While we were in Key West Jon and I went parasailing. I've wanted to go for a while now, but Jon had absolutely no desire to go. He'd planned on going on a fishing trip offered through the cruise, but it got cancelled the morning of due to mechanical problems with the boat. I had asked him a few times in the morning if he wanted to go with me and he said no. Then, seemingly out of the blue after lunch Jon told me we should check for tickets and that he might want to go. I was really excited to go with him...and later he told me that even as we were filling out the paperwork he was thinking about changing his mind. You see, Jon is afraid of heights, and parasailing certainly involves heights.

Fortunately, once we got going Jon really liked it! When we first started to move I don't think Jon was too sure...and there were a few times when we were in the air that he looked down and reminded me that if we fell we'd die, but other than that, he kept his eyes on the horizon and did great. It was so peaceful and beautiful. The boat captain had dipped us in the water at the beginning, which was fun and then it felt great in the breeze.

What a great excursion to end our trip! Enjoy the pictures!



No comments: