We have our first niece!!!! I came downstairs for breakfast at Susan's house and she told me "we have a baby." I must have been tired because I had no idea what she was talking about at first. Then, it hit me that my sister had her baby!
Karen had been at the doctor on Friday for an appointment - she was 37 weeks along - and her doctor had told her that it wouldn't be long before she delivered and to not let Brian leave town for a wedding he was planning on attending. Liam was 10 days early, so her doctor expected that this baby would come early too, but I'm not sure anyone was thinking she would be this early! Fortunately for Karen, Mom and Dad had gone to VA to help out with Liam while Brian was out of town, so they were already at the house when Karen went into labor late Friday night. After a 1 am trip to the hospital (with contractions a mere 2-3 minutes apart!), Peyton arrived a little after 6am. Karen has fast labors, that's for sure!
born at 6:07am on June 19, 2010
7lbs, 13 oz and 20.25 inches
I'm so excited to have a niece. After only having boy cousins, it will be nice for Hannah to have a girl cousin. Of course, the only bad thing about this new baby is that she lives TOO FAR AWAY. I hate that Karen and her family are over 7 hours away. I'm not sure when I'll get to meet little Peyton - hopefully in August, but if Karen (and clan) don't make it to the annual get-together at my parents' house, it could be spring break next year before we get together, since we're not anticipating going to WV for Thanksgiving this year (since our baby is due the week before).
In the meantime, I'll have to get by with pictures (and Skype)!
No comments:
Post a Comment