Friday, June 4, 2010

I Love Friday's Off!

I love my Friday's off from work. Although I may still end up checking my BlackBerry (because I'm required to be "available/accessible"), I don't often have much that I'm required to do....and usually anything I need to do can happen during naptime. As a result, I have all kinds of time on Friday mornings to do fun stuff with Hannah. During the school year, I do a women's Bible study at church, but during the summer I "skip" to do more with Hannah - we go to the zoo, go swimming at the Rec Center, play outside, or (as we did this Friday) hang out with friends.

Gavin got a new pool, so we went over to check it out. Hannah was loving splashing in the water, but didn't like the sprinkler that was attached to the side. Check out the pictures! Gavin's pool is a lot fancier than the plastic $5 pool from Hills that my parents had for us!!!
Gavin and Hannah
Splashing away
This was a smile, but she made a face at the last second!
Bad picture of Hannah, but good picture of her cute little ponytail -- she almost never lets me do stuff to her hair, so I had to get a picture with "proof."
It seems like I never get good pictures of Gavin....
Ah, finally one where he is smiling!
Hannah also enjoyed some time in Gavin's sandbox
Gavin's other cousins from Chicago, Olivia and Evelyn, stopped over to play too. Hannah and Olivia played together in the sandbox quite a bit.

The pay cut that I took to work an 80% schedule (with Friday off) is more than worth the extra time I get with Hannah and the time to do fun last minute activities like this. I'm so glad that I have the opportunity to keep working at a job that I really enjoy and that challenges me, but yet I still get to have quality AND QUANTITY time at home. Not every working mom is as lucky as I am.

No comments: