To accomplish all of this room-switching, we had to move A LOT of furniture. We had to move my giant desk out of the office (which involved taking the bottom off to fit it through the door), 3 bookcases FULL of books, and my scrapbooking supplies that are stored with a sewing table in the closet. Then, we had to move the crib (taking it apart to get it through the door) and changing table into the "new" nursery. Finally, we had to move the spare twin bed to the basement to complete the conversion into the guest room/office combo. (We'd actually tried to leave the twin bed in the guest room/office combo, but there was just too much furniture in one room.)
In addition to all of the moving, we also were painting! We painted the nursery a very, very pale blue and part of the guest room -- no more primary paint "clip art" and motivational sayings that were done by the old owners....we painted over the back wall and motivational sayings with a nice lilac color. Both rooms look really good and it is nice to have a change. While we were in the midst of all of our moving, Mom & I decided that while the nursery was empty after we'd finished painting that we should rent a carpet cleaner and clean the carpets.....so we also cleaned the carpet! We're crazy, and yes, I am a pregnant person doing all of this work. Like I said, crazy.
We had two REALLY FULL days of work to get everything done, but it does look great. I'm so thankful my parents are able to come and are willing help with big projects like this. We were working pretty-much non-stop, starting around 7am and working until dinnertime. We even managed to do all of our painting and moving furniture with Hannah underfoot most of the time. She was a big help unloading the bookcases...even after they were already loaded post-move : )
Here are some pictures of the new guest room/office combo, and I'll post pictures of the nursery once we move the rocking chair out of Hannah's room and add some artwork to the walls!
1 comment:
The room looks nice. I really like the quilt!
Post a Comment