Sunday, February 6, 2011

3 Months Old!!!

Lauren is 3 months old!  In any other world, I'd be headed back to work, so I am so thankful that I have a long maternity leave.  Lauren has found her fists, and likes to suck them over a pacifier.  At her doctor's appointment this month, she weighed 13 lbs, 6oz and was 23.5 inches long.  She is growing like a weed!  Unlike our string bean, Lauren is in the 50-75th percentile for both height and weight.  Lauren spits up a lot --more than we remember for Hannah -- but clearly she isn't having a problem gaining weight.  So, our pediatrician told us not to worry about it - we'll just do more laundry for the time being.  

Lauren is smiling, which I love.  She coos and giggles in the morning when she gets up and it just melts my heart, no matter how early it is in the morning.  She doesn't like a wet (or dirty) diaper, and she lets you know it.  She also wants to be fed as soon as she gets hungry.  For the most part I've figured out what her cries mean, but in the evenings she is often cranky for what seems to be no reason.  We pace with her and usually that works.  Sometimes I think it is overtiredness from waking up early from an afternoon nap, or gas, or something like that.  Jon doesn't enjoy it -- he doesn't like babies crying, so it is stressful for him when we can't get her to stop.  But, eventually I either feed her or she wears herself out and she settles down.  She still goes to bed later than I'd like (around 11pm), but I know that Hannah did the same thing and gradually started to go to bed earlier.  Lauren usually is up in the morning for about 90 minutes before taking her first nap, and then settles into a nap, awake, nap pattern for the rest of the day, but the times aren't consistent.  I'm working toward a more set schedule, which I think will make things a little easier (for me).

Here are some "3 month" pictures.  If you want a size comparison with Hannah, click here, for pictures of her in the same sleeper....
Cuddles from big sister
She doesn't know what to think!
She wasn't thrilled about the pictures....
Almost a smile
She loves that fist!

No comments: