Monday, February 14, 2011

Will you be my Valentine?

So Sheri and the kids came over on Valentine's Day so Jon and I could go out to dinner (and so they could be out of the house while Curtis took one of his on-line graduate classes).  Jon and I had a really nice evening out (with dinner reservations at 5:15pm!) at the Fish Market, the place where Jon and I went out to dinner the night we got engaged, exactly 8 years ago today.

When we got home, we let the kids watch a little Veggie Tales before the Lichtensteigers headed home.  Hannah and Jake grabbed a blanket and sat on the couch together.  They were too cute!
"Here Jacob, some blanket for you"
 
You can tell which direction the TV sits....
We set out all of our valentine gifts on the kitchen table so they'd be there in the morning.  Hannah really enjoyed the valentine card that Jon and I got her -- it was Hello Kitty -- along with a little bit of candy and a roll of 200 Hello Kitty stickers (that are everywhere).  She made cards for all of us at church during Bible Study last week, so she had some to give out, and she was excited to tell Lauren about the card that Lauren got.  She was also curious about the cards and candy that Jon and I exchanged (and she got in trouble for trying to open one that I had for Sheri as a thank-you).  Her Grandma Folger sent a card and a gorilla that played music, so she was off dancing with it most of the day.  She's really starting to get in to holidays, which is so much fun.

No comments: