Friday, June 6, 2008

It Happened!

Hannah slept through the night !!!!!

I put Hannah to bed around 11:15 pm (for the 2nd time), and at 6:30am this morning I woke up in a panic (once I had my glasses on and realized it was 6:30, that is). I hadn't heard her all night.

Now, I am a former deep sleeper who is now only a deep sleeper when I know someone else is taking care of Hannah (case in point - last weekend I didn't hear the thunderstorm or the tornado sirens - all I heard was my mom asking Jon if we needed to go to the basement because the sirens were going off). I know I didn't not hear her because Jon is a light sleeper and would have gotten me up......

So I ran down the hall to her room and she was laying in her crib, sleeping as sound as can be. I stood there and watched her breathe for a while (and grin in her sleep) and went back to bed. Of course, I had a hard time going back to bed, so by 7am I was just standing in the doorway to her room watching her sleep. She finally woke up around 7:15 am (and wanted fed RIGHT AWAY).

I am so amazed (and so very thankful) - she slept for just about 8 hours last night!!! She is almost 10 weeks (adjusted), so that is probably close to target for a breastfed baby. Thanks to everyone who has been praying for her to sleep better - I appreciate it more than you could ever know.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a milestone you've reached! And how great for the parents. Eric did not sleep through the night his first year. We got past the stage of needing to eat, but he would wake up and as a first time mom I thought I needed to get up as well. Enjoy your sleep! Marcia

Kendra said...

I'm so glad you got some sleep. I did that with Taryn the first time she slept through the night. Except, I was running to check on her and made too much noise so that woke her up.

Mommy and her munchkins said...

Congrats! That's great, especially for a 10 week old! I hope this continues...it will be so much easier for when you return to work.