A number of my mom's friends were able to attend (and many brought gifts). Everyone enjoyed seeing Hannah and eating some good food. A few of my friends from high school were even able to attend, so it was good to catch up a little.
During the party Jon spent the afternoon playing with Merritt's 4-year old twins. I'm not sure who had more fun -- Jon or David & Emma. They played in the creek, caught butterflies, grasshoppers and crawdads, rode bikes, and ran around all over. I'm betting the kids were fast asleep on the way home -- I know Jon was tired.
I'll have to have my mom do a post with pictures, since my camera really wasn't used during the party, but here are a few pictures of Hannah.
Hannah slept through most of the party...but when she woke up, she DID NOT want her picture taken in her pretty dress.
2 comments:
I had a sip and see too even though I'm far from southern. I had a shower in VA before Dylan was born and then didn't really want another one in PA right away (esp since my sister had just had one) so I told my mom to have a "welcome baby" party for me after Dylan was born. Then I heard about sip and sees and told my mom to call it that. It was fun. Also fun explaining the concept to a bunch of SWPAers.
I think I might have to have a sip and see for our new grandson when he's a little older. Sounds like a great idea! Looks like you all had a good time. Marcia
Post a Comment